1. Beck, Charlotte Joko. Nothing Special: Living Zen. New York, NY: Harper Collins, 1993.
2. DeLambo, David. Lay Parish Ministers: A Study of Emerging Leadership. New York, NY: National Pastoral Life Center, 2005.
3. Hahnenberg, Edward P. Ministries: A Relational Approach. New York, NY: The Crossroad Publishing Company, 2003.
4. Heffren, Kathleen. Moving Ministry Forward: A Perspective Beyond the Pew : Chicago, Illinois: National Association for Lay Ministry, 2000.
5. Krimm, Kristina, Pierron, Jane A., and Riley, David M. Nurturing Adult Faith: A Manual for Parish Leaders. Washington, D.C.: National Conference for Catechetical Leadership, 2003.
6. Lupton, Robert D. Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, 2012.
7. Merton, Thomas. The Other Side of the Mountain. New York, NY: Harper Collins, 1998.
8. Moore, Thomas. Care of the Soul. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1992.
9. Moore, Thomas. The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life. New York: First Harper Perennial, 1997.
10. Moore, Thomas. Soul Mates. New York: Harper Collins Publishers, 1994.
11. Peck, M. Scott. A World Waiting to be Born. New York: Bantam Books, 1993.
12. Pohly, Kenneth. Transforming the Rough Places: The Ministry of Supervision. Franklin, TN: Providence House Publishers, 2001.
13. Thurman, Robert. Inner Revolution: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Real Happiness. New York, NY: Riverhead Books, 1998.
14. United States Catholic Conference, Inc. Lay Ecclesial Ministry: The State of Questions. Washington, D.C., 1999.
15. United States Catholic Conference, Inc. Together in God’s Service: Toward a Theology of Ecclesial Lay Ministry. Washington, D.C., 1998.
15. United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord: A Resource for Guiding the Development of Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Washington, D.C., 2005
16. United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us, Liturgy Training Publications, Chicago, IL, 1999.